Mint Chevron

Friday, May 10, 2013

Jamberry Nail Sticker Review

So I had gotten these samples of Jamberry Nail stickers like a month ago, but I had a nice gel manicure that was lasting forever. So, after I finally removed the nail polish from my previous manicure (Which I must say Gelish French manicure last for ever I'm talking like a month +), since none of these Jamberry Samples matched, I was thinking of doing an accent nail on each hand. But if I was going to get a real gist of how long this process was going to take, I thought I might as well just go ahead and do the whole hand *In unmatching stickers, ugh ( very hard with my OCD)-I've tried other Nail Stickers**Sally Hansen which were terrible. I was leery of these nails for a few reasons one being the price and another being the fact that you have to cut them then you have to heat them.I thought oh my gosh I don't even have time to give myself a quick clearcoat let alone heat up nails and cut them to my size! But the hundreds of really awesome,really cute and really cool designs that they have, I wanted to give them a chance.

Finally, I get around to testing out the Jamberry Nail Shields.
My 1st fear was having to cut them. Really not bad at all, basically just cut them in half. Each sticker has 2 rounded ends. I cut in in half then used the rounded end at the base of my nail, cause its rounded too. *^~^* Very quick.

Then came the 2nd fear, I had the shield cut and ready to paste on my nail. Its says to hold the sticker with a nail stick but I knew the very tip of it would be cut off anyways cause my nails are short, so I just pinched it up with my fingers. Hold it under hottest setting of hair dryer for like 1-2 seconds, there is no guesswork, you can instantly see and feel them getting soft. Which is what is needed to form better to your nail.
Place sticker on nail, I blew another shot of hot air after I placed it on nail, then apply pressure for a couple secs, then file downward the leftover sticker that is hanging off the tip of your nail.

My whole nail shield mani was done in less than 30 minutes. Whereas if I paint my nails, it is always a couple hours, with screw up fixes, color choice, total removal and re-dos, etc.
Plus these are great if you have kids, the whole house doesn't smell like a chemical factory!


3rd Fear was that I was scared of removal because the Sally Hansen Nail Stickers ripped layers off my nail. But with these just soak in water till soft and peel up a corner, put back in water and keep gently peeling when waterlogged. My nails were as good as new after removal!!

Cons (Subjective)
 Size--I like my manis very tight up against my skin. SO this created an issue for me with the Jamberry Nail Shields, but not sure I should even mention it, BECAUSE...these were samples. There were only 5 sizes included, so in order to cover edges of my nails I cut tiny slices to add to the spots where the stickers that were too small for my nail did not cover. Jamberry does make 9 sizes, so I am sure with a real set everyone can find the right fit. This close up shows the size issues I had, but if you hold it far away and cross your eyes, you really can't tell hehehe--But like I said, this was only cause I had 5 sample sizes. With a set, you get 9 sizes. Bound to get a good fit!
 Wrinkling--If you choose a nail shield that is too big, it will wrinkle. That is a reason also with these why it would be better to err on the smaller sticker rather than a larger one for your nail size.
 Shipping Time--Before I got these samples I did actually order 5 sets , but I waited a week and they still hadn't came and I cancelled the order. I mean I order furniture that arrives quicker than a couple thin sheets of nail stickers!!
 Shipping Fees--I do a lot a online shopping , so I am very familiar with shipping fees. I have ordered huge, heavy things that cost less than the shipment for something that could be sent with probably 2- 45 cent stamps. I mean they are probably lighter than paper. But, shipping is still like $6.95!!
 That was it for the cons

  Pros 
 #1 Absolute is SELECTION!!! The patterns that they have are Freakin Awesome!!! Here's is a teensy tinesy mix of some of their options. Check out their site http://www.jamberrynails.net/home/products.aspx?id=1078
 Quality--Better than any other Nail Stickers I have tried. Sally Hansen Stickers are so fragile, they rip at the slightest mistouch!
 No Odor--Now, regular nail painting of course is fume-y, but even the Sally Hansen Nail Stickers are super stinky. The drawer I had them in was like polluted! The Jamberry Nail Shields are totally odor free!
 Quality for Price--OK, people that are interested in Nail stickers would probably go their local Walmart or Ulta and buy some Sally Hansen's which are like $9-10+ and you get 1 mani if you don't rip half of them while trying to peel them off! The Jamberry Nail Shields are $15. There are 2 rows are 9 sizes each, which when cut in half you get a whole mani, So that's 2 full manis for $15













Long Lasting--I just couldn't stand those mismatched nails so I took them off after a week,with no signs of wear but with my nail growth rate(pretty slow) they would last 3-4 weeks.

Overall, I will totally buy these in the future, but I made a few big purchases lately so I am on a temporary cut back. But for anyone that is currently in the market for Nail Stickers, this should be your ONLY Option. I mean $9 or $10 seems easier to spend than $15, but for a product that is worthless, like the Sally Hansen nail stickers it's way too much. It would be really cool if these Jamberry Nails were in stores so they could be a total impulse buy, but then again, you will most likely be the only one in your area with with these hot designs!

1 comment: