Mint Chevron

Sunday, April 7, 2013

What's in My Medicine Cabinet? Daily Face Rituals

So I'd say my skin is combination oily kind of on the sensitive side cause I can break out easily from creams. It has taken me foreeeeever to find a moisturizer that works for my skin. Seemed like every cream made me break out.

So, why was I so he'll bent on finding a cream if face my was semi-oily to begin with ? Well anti-aging for one and then in the winter, my face does tend to dry out some.

While I worked at Bath and Body Works, a skin care line came out called Pure Simplicity. This was actually a suuuuper great line, not sure why it got discontinued, well I guess probably the usual culprit, sales were down and Bath and Body Works decision to cut out the 3rd party brands (probably with the rise of Sephora, they just couldn't compete in the skin care arena) and go back to their alma mater of scented body care. But anyways, in Pure Simplicity, my level was Oat. These were the purest cleansers ever!!! As I was famous for my sink demos, I used to show the customers the purity of these facial soaps by rubbing the liquid soap directly in my eye then rinsing it out. And it was that gentle, didn't burn at all. I really loved the concept of the Pure Simplicity line. All the natural ingredients used were taken from the most nutrient rich part of the plant and turned I to a pure and simple skin care line. Actually that year one of the products made Oprah's Xmas List, the Pumpkin face mask, you just wanted to eat it!! Another concept of the Pure Simplicity line was that No Toner was needed. The cleansers were so pure and effective at getting everything off your face that no separate makeup remover or toner were needed, just the Cleanser and Moisturizer. They also had some serums , the White Tea was awesome, that was my first serum ever. You can still find some of this stuff on eBay, the great thing about Bath and Body Works products is they last forever !!!! I have stuff like 10 years old that still looks and smells the same as when it was new, so if that was still my line I wouldn't be scared to buy some old stuff cause I know how it keeps.

Then, one of the other skin care product that I could use the whole system was the Clinique 3 Step Skin Care System. Starting with the Clinique Liquid Face Soap in Mild, then Clarifying Lotion Toner in #3 in summer and #2 in winter, followed by the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, as my moisturizer. This system worked great for me for a while, but the moisturizer started to get just a little heavy, even though just a gel, so I found The Clinique Moisture Surge, OMG, I still love this moisturizer, but was still a little more probe to break outs while using it. And as for a repair serum, Clinique's Repairwear Laser Focus wrinkle and UV damage corrector. I still use this on my #1 between the eyes frown line(so in need of a shot of 'Tox!!!)

Then after Clinique , something , don't remember what happened within me and the cleanser. Maybe I got a sample of Philosophy's Purity face cleanser and fell in love, cause that was my next cleanser. Purity kept my face nice and zit free, worked perfectly with my face brush. Purity never dried my skin out or left it stripped. I just think that after a while your face gets kind of immune to a product and you are forced to move on. None if philosophy's moisturizers ever worked for me, do while using Purity I stuck with the Clinique moisture surge if I even used moisturizer, seems like I totally stopped moisturizing for a while.

Then came the skin care system love of my life. This line of products, I can and do use almost the Whole Line!!!!
OLE HENRIKSEN
I think I got a sample of OH and was instantly hooked.

Regimens-all Ole Henriksen, unless noted

A.M. Regimen-- I use the African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser, with my facial brush, then the Orange Truth Serum Collagen Booster, followed by Sheer Transformation creme(OMG, I can hardly believe I went from using no moisturizer to using 2, no actually 3 because after I scoop out my half a dime size dollop of Sheer Transformation I drop 2 drops of Josie Maran 100%Argan Oil into the creme dollop and apply to face), then I use the tiniest spot of the Ultimate Lift Eye Gel, little goes a loooong way. Wow that stuff really opens up your eyes, sometimes I feel like a deer in headlights after using the eye lift gel! Then like I said I still use the Clinique Repairwear laser focus for my frown line.

P.M.--Then in the night, I always wash my face at night, I can't believe there are so many people that don't , EW and especially who wear makeup. That's just crazy to me! So again with the African red Tea Foaming Cleanser, then the Invigorating Night Gel and Ultimate Lift Eye Gel.

The only product of Ole that I can't use on my face is the Truth Revealed Super Creme, which has an SPF which brings me to my next quest. Like I said for the longest time I could not find a moisturizer that didn't break me out, well that's SPF for me know. I've tried Shiseido, Ole, Clinique, a few more and quit.

But my Ole Truth Revealed Super Creme doesn't go to waste, in fact none of the creams that don't work on my face go to waste . They make the PERFECT "Neck and Dec(k) Creams" as I like to say, perfect for the neck and décolleté , these areas are not sensitive for me therefore I don't have to worry about breakouts there. I get so many samples or parts of sets that I can't use on my face that I probably have a lifetime supply of Neck and Dec creams. You should NEVER NEGLECT these areas! We really don't want chicken neck!!

So for AM I use the Ole Henriksen Truth Revealed Super Creme for The Neck and Dec and for PM I currently use Clinique Youth Surge Night, just cause I have itI also switch between the Ultimate Lift Eye Gel and Clinique's Repairwear intensive eye cream . Also recently got a deluxe sample of Murad Acne Clarifying Cleanser and have been using that instead of the Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foam Cleanser for a while and have gone virtually zit free even thought my last period!!!

Masks, Exfoliation and Treatment
Masks
Fresh Umbrian Clay Treatment Bar or Umbrian Clay Face Treatment (tube form) both basically the same thing, although bar is the more pure form, less additives), my favorite treatment ever and my go to zit fixer is Fresh Umbrian Clay Bar, as you can see in my cabinet that bar at the bottom. OMG, these bars last like a year or more. In the summer, I use almost everyday to keep the grease away. You just wet the bar, rub on your face and let dry. I leave mine on about 15 minutes. This is perfect spot treatment for zits too. I usually like the tube form for spot treatment, but I just stock up on samples of it everytime I go to Sephora and it usually lasts me till the next time I go, cause you only need the size of a zit. So when I have an unsightly I just use enough clay to fully cover and leave in all night. By morning the zit is considerably dried out. If it was unpoppable at night, it should be poppable by morning. Ok I am sorry I am a popper , I just can't let those things bubble and cause pain under the surface or get a white head on them, I gotta relieve the pressure, contrary to what anyone says, that's how I roll.

Boscia Luminizing Black Mask
This is my fave peel off mask!! Skin feels super soft and purified when done within this. With most products, a little goes a long way, but with this , you do need quantity. You gotta lay it on thick. In order to peel of there's has to be something to grip onto. I would say this needs a good 30 minutes to dry especially with the amount you have to use. Then it peels off, be careful not to put on eyebrows , it may rip them off. It's really good for blackheads and whiteheads,you can see the little impurities on the side that was touching your skin when you peel it off. I would say this is a great deep cleaning mask.

Exfoliation
For a deep exfoliation, I like Fresh Soy Face Exfoliant. This is also good as a winter scrub because it has jojoba and Vitamin E which are moisturizing.

For a light exfoliation I like Boscia Smoothing Facial Polish. This is very gentle, great for sensitive skin and a gentle resurfacing.

My newest fave exfoliation is a Korean brand Holika Holika. It's the Apple Shine Soda Scrub. The exfoliation in this one is Baking Soda. Baking Soda just feels sooo luxurious , it's gentle it's a tad fizzy, a little goes a super long way. I always use this in the shower it works great as a back and neck and dec exfoliator too. Especially since you only need such a tiny amount this a great economically as a body scrub as well. This is a gentle exfoliator that takes little pressure and really smooths out your skin. Baking soda is also supposed to be good for whiteheads, which are my mortal enemy, my nemesis, the only thing that keeps me from having perfect skin!!! Whiteheads on my chin and nose have proven the most difficult thing the get rid of. Still haven't found the perfect remedy , but this helps!

Also can't forget , actually my fave fave, Ole Henriksen Walnut Complexion Scrub
This is so awesome!! It's the Rice Krispies of the scrub world, it's all like Snap, Krackle and Pop-y. I would say this scrub is a deep exfoliator, very grainy walnut particles are the exfoliator. Now I always exfoliate or mask on a dry face. If face is wet the scrubs don't have as much gripping power therefore can't get down there and do their job. (OMG, so craving a scrub right now) So after applying the scrub add a few drops of water and this is where the magic happens with the Walnut Complexion Scrub, it has a tingly feeling and crispy sound that just adds to the allure of this scrub. When removed you notice brighter, softer and more glowing skin.

Another few that I've tried that are notable are the Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm. This is a great treatment for the winter, gentle exfoliation with lots of moisturizing components. Kate Somerville, ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment--Wow this is some powerful stuff. Use this when your face is just feeling blaah. It will liven your skin right up to reveal a healthy glow, be careful with sensitive skin. I actually need to use more, supposed to be good with black and whiteheads!

Oh, and I almost forgot, my lip scrub.
Fresh Sugar Lip Polish-this stuff is amazing!! If you want lips like a baby, look no further. I love all Fresh's lip products. Since I started using this lip exfoliator and the white Fresh lip treatment balm I haven't had chapped lips. I only wish that they made a lip color like the color that this scrub leaves your lips. This scrub is made with brown sugar and for some reason leaves your lips this beautiful mauve like color for a few minutes . afterward. This stuff is a necessity!!

All this talk of my fave go to scrubs has me craving a good exfoliation, so I'm off to scrub till my little face is content
*^~^*







No comments:

Post a Comment